Delhi days: in the National Museum

My photographic skills do not seem stunning today (not that I am much of a professional even though I manage to get my photos published reasonably often) so here are a few ordinary shots from a trip to Delhi's National Museum. The two bronze statuettes you see are 12th century; so is the seated Vishnu made of granite, which sits in the museum's courtyard; and the little figurine is from one of the ancient Indus Valley (Harappan) civilizations, although I can't tell you which one because that display was poorly labeled. The figurine dates somewhere between 2000 and 2700 BC, as closely as I could figure.




























Also included is a photo of the kind of auto rickshaw I used to get back and forth between the India International Centre and the museum. The driver did not try to cheat me on the way there, but the driver on the way back did. Customer beware!

Post a Comment

0 Comments